Saturday 8 February 2020

SATURDAY SESSIONS (We're back!) # 33


Nothing like a six-month death-sentence to concentrate the mind. Funny how we all go around thinking we'll live forever. I mean, six months, six years, sixteen, even sixty years' time, what's the difference?  It all boils down to the same death-sentence in the end. Doesn't it? The thought itself should be enough to concentrate the mind.  But of course we forget, don't we? We prefer to forget it. Yep, we only begin to realise the finality of it all once we've been handed down a death-sentence by a self-styled judge in a suit or a lab-coat.                                                                                           
I'll just try the internet to see what Lucy was on about. No, let's check the e-mails first. Here we go. Oh no, it's unbelievable.  I signed up to a few of these spiritual teachings a few months ago and it's turned into a stampede. How did they know where to find me? I must have hit the wrong button somewhere in my zeal. Yes, I know I can unsubscribe the lot of them but it's not as if they're saying anything wrong, it's not as if they're waffling on about anything I don't necessarily agree with.  Xendo and Solari will vouch for that!  It's just that, well, the money, you know? The fee. The merchandise. The filthy lucre. It always ends up adding to cart and right now, adding to cart is the last thing I can afford.  I thought it was a good idea at the time when I was getting pissed off with the job.  I suppose I'd hoped to find some kind of guidance. All this talk about Mindfulness and presence and what have you, a purpose in life, a reason for being alive. There's always the hope that maybe just one of those e-mails would speak to me directly, you know, about the problem.  I don't mean address me directly, of course, with their algorithms. I know these people mean well and you may call me old-fashioned if you will, but how can you address someone as Dearest Jordan if you've never met him or had any prior contact with him in any connection whatsoever?  Worse still, how can you sign off Love, Jim? or Love, Julia. Well, Love Julia mightn't have been so bad, I suppose, but Love, Jim?  Oops. Slap on the non-PC wrist, Jordan. Intolerance.  Huh, maybe it's the real me coming out, now that I'm under pressure. No, but really, what annoys me is the way we're supposed to be impressed if they flaunt their qualifications or herald their mighty egoic presence as Dr Jim. These people aren't medical doctors or doctors of non-medical healing. Sometimes they even write their title in full, Doctor, just in case we miss the point.  Can you believe it? I can just see Xendo, with that sardonic smile of his, shaking his head in despair.                                                               
Here's one...Due to high demand, the price may be TRIPLED soon, tripled, mind you, in capital letters... Why would they want to do that? Why would they want to triple it? Because soon the demand will be three times higher? Or three times lower? Why would they triple the price if the demand were three times higher or three times lower? Why the pressure to buy the product now?  Why the pressure to buy at all, more like?  Why the pressure? The spiritual teachers say there's abundance everywhere, enough in the world for every man, woman and unwashed child on the planet. Low hanging fruit. All we have to do is reach out and take it. Well, well, well. Jesus and the Buddha said that too except they weren't talking about money. So what's wrong with money? the algorithm asks. Nothing. I suppose. If you already have it. Here's some more....The traditional world is collapsing....If you survive the collapse, you will prosper...Seize control of your destiny....Seize control of my destiny? Thanks, but no thanks...my destiny is locked on a collision course with oblivion...The creation of your ideal reality by manifesting your perfect dream...Power and influence...magnetic sexual attraction....perfect health...Perfect health?...Yes, please... Wealth and riches beyond what you ever imagined possible...Bit late for that now, pal....PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, Amex....     

                                                                                                                                                           
Wait. An e-mail from Lucy.                                                                                                      
Hi Jordan,                                                                                                                                             
Quick note to remind you, in case you forget the name, I Ching.  Sure enough, a quick search here shows that echoes of Lemuria resonate throughout the Pacific. Would be so nice if we could do the research together but I just haven't got the time. Wouldn't it be amazing if you found anything that matched your own experience in the sessions?  Check out Easter Island!

See you tomorrow,
Lucy xx


# 34 next week! Catch up on: gregoryrosenstock.blogspot.com    
www.gregoryrosenstock.com            

No comments:

Post a Comment