Friday 11 August 2017



From the ET's Logbook:

I was returning from an early stroll this morning when a car, far too large for one person, pulled up suddenly beside me. The window came down automatically and the driver, wearing a suit and tie, called out to me. He seemed to be agitated as he checked his watch.                                                                                           
'What time does that shop open?'  he asked brusquely, pointing to the shop at the other side of me.
I told him that at a fundamental level, there is no time. His watch was purely a mechanism to measure basic oscillations, the recording of which people call time. Time itself, however, simply didn't exist, I added. 
I gathered from his immediate expression that I might as well have slapped him in the face. However, he looked at me and saw that I had meant no harm. His shoulders dropped, the window hummed back up and he gazed out the windscreen. Then he drove away.  Slowly.

          

1 comment:

  1. Die Zeit ist Ewigkeit
    Ewigkeit ist Zeit .... (Angelus Silesius)

    ReplyDelete