Friday 17 February 2017

Welcome to my weekly blog, Friday Feelings!

I just can't get away from that mirror!  Remember?

You are not your reflection, but your reflection is clearly you.

Last week I wrote about Ho'oponopono, the ancient Hawaiian practice  of reconciliation and forgiveness, and how a local therapist was able to heal all those criminally insane people at the hospital without even seeing them.

In the course of the interview, the humble Dr Len also said:

'I was simply healing the part of me that created them.'

I have a feeling that if we can understand that statement, it will literally change the world.

Gandhi's famous words were, You must be the change that you wish to see in the world. 
Most people think that this is about being a good example. You know, the Golden Rule.

Well, that's partly it, of course.

But it's much deeper, much more profound, much more radical than that.

You see, you are responsible for what's happening in the world. 

Who? Me?

Yes.

Your reflection is clearly you.

To be honest, I can't pretend that I really understand it myself.  But I'm trying.  Really. I'm trying hard to understand it. To really understand it.  

(Maybe I should't try so hard! J)

Anyway, there are just four key concepts in Ho'oponopono: 

a) I forgive you; b) I'm sorry; c) I love you; d) Thank you.

That's all. You just say that. With feeling, of course.

Is that it?

That's it.

But what does it mean?

It means what it says.

But it's trite! you plead.  It's ridiculous!

True. All four phrases have become trite and ridiculous.

In next week's Friday Feelings, we'll have a closer look at the F-word, the S-word, the L-word and the T-word.

In the meantime, I'll be thinking about the incredible Dr Len and his wonderful quote. 

I hope one day I'll understand it.                                                                                       
I hope one day we'll all understand it.

And the world will live as one...🎶

Well, that's my feeling anyway.

What do YOU think?


No comments:

Post a Comment